Saturday, June 27, 2009

laser hair removal Georgia: Is it safe to do laser hair removal during pregnancy

I read this and similar statements, what do you think?"The consensus seems that laser hair removal is totally safe during early pregnancy. One thing, though, don't share your early pregnancy with the laser center technicians; they are afraid of liability and will give you useless advice and laser hair removal Georgia probably refuse to continue your treatment sessions, even though they are not medical professionals by any means and don't know anything more than what you or I do. :) My reputable OB told me it was laser hair removal Georgia very safe, but the laser tech sent me packing".

Answer:Hi LondonLou,I personally do not have the problem unfortunately... anyway... I can assure you that I investigated in depth on the topic and there are no studies that evaluate laser hair removal Georgia the safety of laser hair removal during pregnancy. True that many health care providers recommend avoiding laser hair removal during p regnancy because of the lack of information about the affect on the fetus. This is fair cautionery prevention in times when people go to court for all and nothing.On the other hand, your OB is most likely true because laser hair removal targets dark pigment in the hair and causes thermal and/or mechanical damage to laser hair removal Georgia the hair follicle. Any how, I would invite you to use other method like shaving or waxing (caution: do avoid depilatory creams as they may contains allergetical ingredients!!!).Cheers,

Answer:A review of the various hair removal methods is available at http://tinyurl.com/ob6tt

Answer:nope, if they send you home it's laser hair removal Georgia not safe for your baby, same with dying your hair!!

Answer:I personally wouldn't risk it, and I am holding off to complete my last two laser hair treatments until I give birth. It doesn't hurt to wait. The hair isn't going anywhere!Plus , I've read that the hormones of pregnancy often tends to spur dark hair to grow laser hair removal Georgia where it shouldn't. So I figure I will get more out of the treatment if I wait and can remove those hairs as well.I would also be concerned about the safety laser hair removal Georgia of the prescription numbing creams they use prior to the procedure. Those creams do get absorbed into your skin, your bloodstream, and into the unborn fetus. I would not want to subject my baby to that.

Answer:Get a second opinion, my OB in Jamaica said it was safe, but my OB in laser hair removal Georgia the Netherlands said thatit wasn't, when I phoned the laser place myself they said that they do not perform laser hair treatment on pregnant women-so laser hair removal Georgia I would wait if I were you-good luck

An swer:You know some Laser techs and other types of doctors just won't touch a pregnant woman. If your OB says it's okay then it's okay for him/her just not for the laser tech. As far as the hair dye comment goes (sorry I had to) that will only harm you if you sit in a closed room putting it on your hair and that goes for laser hair removal Georgia pregnant women or women who aren't pregnant.

Answer:can't you wait?

Answer:If they sent you away, you better not risk it! Wait til the baby's born (shave or wax until then) and do the laser hair removal after the birth. You have a lot to loose if laser hair removal Georgia something goes wrong, but nothing to loose if you wait a few months. You can still do the procedure fine afterwards. :)

Answer:I wouldn't risk it. I say no!